Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weekend

I had a wonderful yet busy weekend. Friday night started out with me being quiet and doing everything I could not to distract my wife so she could finish her 20 page paper that was due by midnight. So after bringing up all the Christmas stuff and doing a quick clean of the house I snuggled into Chrissy's love sac (so grateful she is keeping it at my house) and read a book. I finished the Miracle of Forgiveness by President Kimball it is a very good book and really helped me learn a lot. I made dinner shortly afterwards then started to play the WII on mute. At this point it was already getting late but I needed to stay up so I could read and edit Holly's paper for her. Normally I wouldn't mind staying up late but I was planning on going hunting Saturday morning and I would need to be up by 2:30Am. Long story short Holly finished her paper got it turned in and we didn't get to bed until about 12:20. When you wake up 2 hours later it makes for a short night and a very very long day. Hunting was fun but I was having an off day and wasn't having much luck shooting anything the couple of birds I did hit was on the third shot I probably shouldn't have taken because the birds were pretty far away by then so when I did hit them I either just wounded them so they kept swimming/diving so the dog couldn't get them or they landed so far away we had to get the canoe out to chase them down. (Now that is what I call a run-on sentence) Over all the hunt was fun except when we got snowed on and it made it super cold. I wish I had some electric socks to keep my toes warm (hint hint) After Hunting I wasn't able to take a nap like I normally do because I had to shower and go shopping with Holly so we could pick up the last minute items so she could accessorize for the Bank Christmas Party. The Christmas Party was a lot of fun this year it switched venues to the bigger Canyon Crest which made the party much nicer when it isn't so crowded. The food was delicious and they had some amazing cheesecake. The party was a lot fun and I enjoyed dancing with my wife. Sunday (thank goodness) I got to sleep in until about 10:30 it felt very nice. Holly and I put up the Christmas tree and this year I finally got my wish a spinning tree. Church was good but rather unusual, Sacrament went like normal but for the last several weeks Holly and I go to a temple prep class rather than the normal Sunday school but our teacher Brother Coleman hurt his back really bad so wasn't able to make it to church so Holly and I drove out to his house to have class. We didn't make it back in time for Relief Society/Priesthood but we did get through two lessons which was good because we were behind. We also got to eat some delicious home made cookies from Sister Coleman. Then we had to hurry back to meet with the Bishop before the Christmas devotional at 6. It was a rather unique Sunday but a good one still.

No comments:

Post a Comment