Wednesday, February 3, 2010
The Wise Man Built his House Upon the Rocks the Foolish Man...
I would like to start by saying this is all Mary's fault. While she was visiting over the weekend I was showing her Holly's and I food storage (not sure you can call it storage but we are starting one and are getting closer than we have in the past) while we were in the basement Mary asked if we have ever had any problem with any leaks or water getting in. I told we hadn't that even the dirt doesn't get wet (yes parts of my basement is dirt not cement) Well after she leaves town my wonderful wife was making me some strawberry milk but we ran out of strawberry syrup (this is where food storage come in handy I don't have any wheat or sugar yet but I do have my strawberry syrup) so I went down stairs to get more and to my surprise there was water in my basement. Luckily it wasn't much and it was only in the "scary" part of the basement so all the stuff we have stored down there was fine. My evening was spent however sucking up water with my shop vac and poking around inside and out with a flashlight trying to figure out where the water had come from. Long story a little shorter if Mary asks about leak do not let her finish her sentence and make sure you knock hard on some wood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment