Yesterday I went to a funeral for my Aunt Phoebe (not sure exactly how many greats go before the aunt) She was 93 yrs old. The life sketch was really good and it was nice to hear about her life and what a great example she was to all her kids and grandkids. I really like the story they told about where Gar and Phoebe spent their "honeymoon" apparently back in the day (we are talking the 30's) when someone got married the town would get to together and try to keep the newlyweds separated through the use of several pranks. Gar not wanting to be separated from his bride before the wedding went and hollowed out the center of one of the hay bale stacks but a bed down there food and anything else they would need. So after returning from SLC they went and hid out in this hay bale for a couple days. So they spent their honey moon in the center of hay. I also remember when I was just a little guy swinging in there back yard and playing in the Indian Caves by their house. I think my favorite part of the funeral though was when Gar sang "You Are My Sunshine" it was super cute. The down side though is now Holly is trying to get me to promise to sing to her at her funeral I told if she lives to be 90 I would consider it.
My Dad came to early so he could put in the window over my back door (a project we started in December) It looks really nice and it was great to see him and the rest of the family.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What? No picture? I guess I will have to wait.
ReplyDeleteyou want me to post pictures of a funeral? Didn't exactly take pictures...
ReplyDelete