Friday, January 8, 2010

Wild Card Predictions

Since the first round of the playoffs begins tomorrow I wanted to throw out my prediction for the outcome of the game. Starting with the AFC we have the Jets taking on the Bengals. I don't really know or like either team but I'm going to root for the rookie QB so I'm picking the Jets. Next we have the Ravens and Patriots, I think the Ravens have more heart than the Pats and I think the Pats will struggle with the loss of their star receiver Wes Welker which will force them to rely more on their non existent running game. I favor the Ravens for the win. In the better half the NFC we have the Eagles and the Cowboys. Bias aside I pick the Cowboys for the win for several reasons. One they have been playing great this last half of the season and are heading in to the playoffs coming off two back to back shutout games the last being against the Eagles. Second the Boys have had the Eagles number all year and have beaten them twice already. Third the Eagles just take too many risks it seems like every down they try to Hail Mary it. They have become too one dimensional and have made them selves easier to defend against. Next we have the Packers against the Cardinals. The Packers much like the Cowboys have been playing really hot lately and have lots of momentum carrying them into the playoffs. The Cardinals also have some injuries that have been plaguing them the last part of their season and I think that will come to haunt them in the playoffs. I also think their decision to sit their star players in the last game will come back to hurt them generally causing the team to be just a little out of sync so I'm going with the Pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment