Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holiday Catchup

Well with the Holidays I have been super busy at work so I haven't had the time to blog in a long time so here is what has been going on since Holly's Graduation.

1. Shopping in Boise ~ while we were in Boise for the Graduation we did quite a bit of shopping. Holly got me my new boots (I have the best wife) Dad bought me some super nice Doc Martins (still waiting for those to come in the mail in fact it has been awhile I should probably call to see where they are) We went to Babies R Us to acquire the little one's baby stroller and car seat. At Burlington Coat Factory they had the ballerina stuff we wanted on clearance so we got a bunch of cute stuff for the little nibblet's room.

2. Baby class ~ we learned about breast feeding which is actually a lot more complicated than I thought it would be but it is also very simple. Anyway I learned that my role as a helpful father is to be supportive bring my wife a drink while she is feeding so she doesn't get dehydrated. My job also includes burping the baby afterwards and catching the baby’s spit up with my shoulder. I also learned about nipple confusion and that lots of skin to skin contact with baby is good so if you come visit after the little one gets here and I’m shirtless you will no why.

3.Christmas ~ I had a wonderful Christmas and it was fun watching all the kids open their presents it was a little surreal to me to think about how next year my little one will be opening presents and I will be more occupied with that than opening my own presents. My Mom spoiled me and got me two pairs of super nice sunglasses and two watches one of which is a fossil that has real diamonds in it. Dad and Frances got Holly and I all the stuff we needed for the Temple. Susan got me this light us Christmas sign I really wanted but Wal-Mart had been sold out of forever. She also got me 10 carwash coupons (I think she is still trying to make up for what she did to my car at our wedding). Mary and Reed got Holly and I bags for our temple stuff. Ken got me a goose call. Big Mark sent me a Hess truck (actually it was a car this year). Chelle made me a super cool clip board. Paula and Family got me the coolest floor mats for my Honda (oh yes their Batman) I might have to change the cars name from Athena to something Batmanish. Maybe Chase she was the prettiest of all Batman's girlfriends. I really enjoyed the Holiday festivities especially the food. The Christmas Eve highlight would be when we attempted to have the kids act out the story of Jesus' birth as Dad read it in the bible. Mike was to put in biblical terms the ass that carried Mary. Natalia did a really good job playing the angel she was super cute.

4. Two Sealings to end the year ~ Holly and I got sealed on the 26th so now we get to keep each other forever and ever. It was a wonderful day and I am very grateful for all the love and support we had in helping us get to the Temple. We finished off the year by attending Dad and Frances Sealing and I was very grateful and excited that I could attend. I laughed when Amy Walker told Holly and I that because we had gotten sealed 5 day previous we were now Dad and Frances advisers and that we needed to give them unsolicited advice on how to my their new eternal marriage work.

Well that is about all there is you are caught up with my life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment