Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Becoming Daddy
Time continues to fly by and we only have 6 weeks left until the baby comes (if she arrives on schedule). I finished painting the room last night (hopefully another coat is not needed). So now all we need to do is put the crib and car seat stuff together. We started writing in the baby book last night and being Daddy is still a little foreign to me. In fact on the family tree page on the line that says Daddy's name instead of writing my name I wrote my Dad's down so the book has received its first bit of white out (mommy was not very happy). We went and bought some baby books and we read the first one last night I think it was called I Love Daddy it was a little weird to think that soon I'm going to be Daddy don't get me wrong I am super excited but it just seems weird. Holly does make fun of me quite often because I sing the primary song "Daddy's Homecoming" every time I see Holly after being away for awhile (in truth I think she is jealous she doesn't have a super cool mommy song to sing). I'm hoping it will rub off on the little one so she will sing it to me someday when I get home from work. We have one more baby class to attend, Infant safety and CPR, we tried to go last night to another class since we skipped out on our instructor to go home for the holidays but this other class is a week behind so we won't finish until next week. On a slightly unrelated funnier note a couple days ago I had some really bad gas and right before bed I had been trying to play with the little one (poking Holly's belly hoping she would kick back) but she was asleep and wanted nothing to do with daddy so we settled in to go to bed and I ripped this super loud and nasty sounding fart. I didn't smell anything but according to Holly it didn't exactly smell like roses. Any way right after I farted the little one rolled over in Holly's tummy, Holly teased me that she was trying to get away from the smell. I hope I didn't scar the little nibblet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment