Thursday, January 28, 2010

Relay for Life

First Federal participates in Relay for Life each year and every year Holly and I have participated in one way or another. Most years I just walk around the track but this year I am an official team member and as an official team member it is my job to help raise funds to Toon Out Cancer. As you have noticed I have a new icon on my blog if you click on the Relay icon it will take you to my page where you can make a small (or large) donation. Just remember all the times I have bought this or that from your kids raising money. Holly and I are looking forward to helping our community and those with cancer. This year it especially hits home because one of my coworkers found out in October that she has Bone Morrow Cancer and were it not for the American Cancer Society she wouldn't of had any treatment options. I'm hoping that I can help this great cause in one way another. It also hits home because I know how important Cancer and raising money for Cancer was to my sister Melissa and I hope I can make her proud by raising lots of money this year. So Donate even a dollar or two so you can change someone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment