Friday, January 15, 2010
The Last Baby Class
Tuesday night was Holly's and I last baby class we are now certified to have a kid (we got a certificate and everything) this last class was on car seats/infant safety/CPR for babies. To Holly and I this was the most important of all the classes so we were excited to go and learn. We skipped out on our last class with our original instructor Paula so we could go home sooner for New Years so we went to the other instructor Shelley. We like to sit up front so I can hear so we normally like to go a little early which we did but in Shelley's class everyone shows up way early apparently but luckily for us there was a whole section in the front still open so we sat down. I noticed that everyone else who came in the class was almost avoiding us and would sit clear in the back rather then next to us. I began to wonder if we smelled or something or what was going on. I then realized why everyone was avoiding us well I shouldn't say us so much as avoiding the person across from us. I don't quite know how to describe how amazingly annoying this individual was but it was bad enough that had this not been our last class I probably wouldn't of made it to the next one. He started off by going on and on how funny it would be if someone had gone into labor while we were in class. It would be even funnier if the teacher had us all time the contractions and had us practice breathing with her. This is also the guy who when the teacher was talking about the importance of using a car seat decided to tell the whole class how he thought they were dumb and it didn't matter because if the crash was bad enough the baby die regardless of whether or not you put the car seat in correctly. He also talked about how back in the 50's they didn't even have car seats and his brother '58 Ford doesn't even have seat belts. He also told us when we were talking about safety in the home that he had bitten down on an electric wire was he was little and that it electrocuted him (which almost explained how he could be such and idiot) He made some joke about how he really enjoyed the breast feeding class and all the videos. At the end of the class we had to fill out an evaluation and there is a question on there that asks what did you find to be the least valuable for all the classes you took and he wrote down CPR. I was like really really of all the things we learned you enjoyed seeing women breast their baby the most and thought learning CPR was worthless. I don't think he should be allowed to have a child. You could tell his wife was embarrassed and I was like you married him lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment