Thursday, November 5, 2009
There is a Reason it is Called Hunting and Not Killing
Whilst I was in the Island Park I got to go do some hunting with my Pops and the Walkers, Bill and Billy. We did have a good time but our hunt was less than booming; in fact as far as the Hunting goes it down right pathetic. We went on our first "hunt" Friday night. It started out with the guys making fun of me for bringing a lawn chair to sit in, apparently I don't fit in because I don't enjoy sitting on a 5 gallon bucket like them, I told them at least my seat was camo and comfortable and not a bright red bucket that sticks out like a soar thumb. Like always just as we get to the spot we are going to set up a flight of ducks flies by tormenting us because they know we don't have our guns ready yet. So we settle into the trees and begin the wait. After about an hour I decided I was ready for one of the treats in my bag so I turned around and started digging in my bag for my little goodie (you can stop laughing yes I know how fat this makes me sound but I wanted my Reese’s peanut butter cup) and of course it is at that moment that a flight of 8 Geese came flying by right in front of us. Of course being the hungry fat kid I didn't see them until I heard everyone else shooting at them so by the time I got my candy (yes I kept digging for it) and then got turned around to shoot they were pretty much out of range but I shot a defiant, screw you for coming while I was busy, shot after them. After that we saw no more birds fly by that night but I did get to eat my tasty treat and that concluded hunt #1.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment