Friday, November 20, 2009

Bowling

I was on a bowling team (the Mis-Splits) several months ago but every week we couldn't get all four us to show up so we combined our team with another team (both teams were from First Federal). However I convinced my wife to buy me a shotgun and some of the conditions of that purchase included me quitting the team (it cost $52 a month) I also have to dishes for the next hundred years. Any way a member of the Split Ends could make it last night so I subbed for them. It was a lot of fun I hadn't been bowling for a long time. When we first get there you can practice/warm up before we start the actual game I normally don't do much because I either have it or I don't it doesn't matter how many times I throw the ball down the lane but I figured I better to shake off some of the rust. The first time I go I bowl a strike, followed by another and then again by another. I know I am on a team (sort of) but by no means does that mean I am good getting a turkey is very very rare for me. Before the first game starts the pick a bowler order such as bowler number 3 then the third person of each team steps competes for free drinks (beer unfortunately) we all bowl at the count of three and whoever gets a strike wins if no one gets it you go until you do. My bowler position got called last night and my team is way excited because I just bowled a turkey. So they do the count down 3 2 1 and we all bowl no one gets a strike...Four tries later finally someone gets a strike (to the disappointment of my team it wasn't me) of course had we been bowling for Dew instead of Beer I might have tried a little harder. I'm still pretty pumped up from my warm up game so I'm excited to start. I didn't bowl a strike nor was I able to pick up spare in my first two games (we play a total of three) I bowled my worst two games ever (well on the league anyway) a 75 and an 84 well below my average of 113. I did follow it up though with my best game ever (no I mean it this time ever ever league or otherwise) I got a turkey as well as a couple other marks and ended up with a 164 so at least I ended the night on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment