Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hunt #2

Well since I am way behind and am blogging about stories that happened two weeks ago I will makes these short and sweet. Hunt two was even less fruitful than the first (don't know how that is possible) I shot my gun a total of zero times. To make a bad hunt worse this new spot that we had scouted for the night before required us to ride in on four wheeler and then make a "short" hike to where we were heading I say "short" because that is how it was described to me before we left. Next time I should have them define short because to me that means a couple hundred yards to them short meant like half a mile. It had also kind of rain/snowed that morning so after we tucked up under the tree to "hide" from the ducks we got dripped on all day and because of the rain it made the snow heavy and slushy so lots of wet slush snow fell down on me too. The highlight of the trip was my dad getting stuck for the third time we had learned our lesson from the night before about not driving down into the gulley but he needed to turn around so he backed the trailer part way down the hill so he could turn around. Due to the wet snow conditions the back end of his truck would slide and he almost jackknifed the trailer several times so the Walkers and I would manually push and slide the trailer one way or the other. Long story short he got stuck and we had to pull him out with the four wheeler again. Hopefully my dad has gotten all this getting stuck business out of his system.

No comments:

Post a Comment